Apple added on the Apple Watch new watch faces you to choose from and many watch faces allow customizations, to give a different color, to add or remove complications.
Watch faces are available with an older version of Apple’s WatchOS however it is recommended to upgrade to the latest firmware. Starting with WatchOS 6 Apple added new watch faces like Solar Dial, Numeral Mono, Numeral Duo, Modular Compact and not only.
To make sure you have the latest firmware version, open the Watch app on your iPhone, click on General and Software Update. If there is any update go ahead and install it.
Step by step to customize the watch face on your Apple Watch
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to go to the watch face.
- Tap on the watch display.
- Swipe right or left until you find your favorite watch face and then click Customize.
- Swipe right or left to choose a feature you would like to adjust and turn the Digital Crown to modify it. You can add features from third party apps, more details on apple.com.
- When you’ve finished the desired modifications you can press the Digital Crown. Then tap on the watch face to confirm it as your default watch face.
If you find the above steps hard to follow you can edit and customize the watch faces directly on your iPhone. Search for the Apple Watch app and then click on the Face Gallery tap.
Check here if you want to change the watch face on your Apple Watch.
Step by step to add more information to your watch face on Apple Watch
You are able to add information from different apps, complications on your watch face.
- On iPhone go to the Apple Watch app.
- Click My Watch tab and then tap Complications.
To add a complication you have to tap the add button (green +). You are able now to add it to your watch. On your Apple Watch firstly long press the display and further tap customize. Click on customization and using the Digital Crown you can choose the information you would like to appear on your watch.
To remove a complication from your Apple Watch you have to click the delete button (red -) and then confirm pressing remove button.
Step by step how to delete a watch face
You may have multiple watch faces installed on your Apple Watch but it is recommended to keep only the watch faces you are using or you plan to use. To remove a watch face follow the next steps.
- Go to the home screen on your Apple Watch and long press the display.
- Swipe right or left to the watch face you would like to remove.
- Swipe up and confirm by tapping Remove.
Don’t worry as you will be able to reinstall the watch face if you want.
If you purchase through a link displayed on this site we may earn affiliate commissions from Amazon. We would like to thank you.
Featured image credits: Shinya Suzuki on Flickr